Over the weekend of June 4, 2016, the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles (TxDMV) will update the Registration and Title System (RTS) with the Search By Owner feature, specialty license plate updates, a change to 30 Day timed permits, and resolution of several printing issues as well as other system enhancements and resolutions to reported issues.
- The Search by Owner feature provides an alternative way to locate the vehicle record for a customer requesting a transaction (like registration renewal) where the customer does not know the license plate number, VIN, or title document number of their vehicle. You can enter the name of the customer as well as the address information for more precise vehicle owner name matching.
- The use or reuse of search results and information obtained by the Search by Owner feature is restricted to use in performing vehicle registration and titling transactions. Any other use is strictly prohibited and may subject the user to prosecution under state or federal driver privacy protection laws.
- To assist you, a recording of the RTS Search By Owner Name webinar, along with the other presentation and responses to commonly asked questions, are available on the RTS Refactoring page on TAC Hub (http://www.txdmv.gov/rts-refactoring-resources).
- Specialty license plate updates:
- Minor changes to the fonts and colors were made to the designs of the Juneteenth Day, K9S4COPS, and University of Texas at Dallas plates and the image was replaced on the Texas Music plate
- New plates for Alamo, Childhood Cancer Awareness, and University of Colorado are available
- The pattern on the classic black license plates will be increased to 7 characters to accommodate inventory request
- When processing 30 day permits, the vehicle must have a Texas title. The transaction cannot be completed if the system cannot find a match for the VIN entered.
After the June 4 release date, detailed information about the items listed above and additional enhancements and issue resolutions, please refer to the Release Notes tab on the TAC Hub (www.txdmv.gov/tax-assessor-collectors) or the RTS Refactoring Resources page (www.txdmv.gov/rts-refactoring-resources).
If you would like to speak to a Service Desk Representative, please call us at 512-465-4010 or toll free at 1-877-933-2020, option one (1). The Service Desk is available from 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (Central Time), Monday through Friday. You may also send email to: ServiceDesk@TxDMV.gov
TxDMV Service Desk
Department of Motor Vehicles
IT Services Division
3800 Jackson Ave
Austin, TX 78731