Over the weekend of August 11, 2018, the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles (TxDMV) will update the Registration and Title System (RTS) with Release 9.1.1 that contains the content summarized below.
- New Maxeno framework run-time version for RTS Batch & Core online processes: This system framework upgrade brings RTS up to date in potentially increasing processing speed & Cognos Reports generation, allowing the nightly batch process to complete on time each night for our customers and business partners.
- Inspection Fee Error (Title Transfer) Is Fixed: Solution: When processing a title transfer and Record Not Applicable is selected, RTS will not prompt for manual verification of inspection when an acceptable inspection is in the cloud and will not charge the inspection fee when that fee was paid previously.
- Inspection Fee Error (Replacement Plate) Is Fixed: Solution: Inspection fee is charged at registration renewal when a replacement plate was issued prior to renewal in a separate transaction.
- Insufficient Funds Error (ACC004 Screen field-entry) Is Fixed: Solution: The maximum amount can be entered in the Insufficient Funds field of the ACC004 screen.
- New Special License Plate Issued: New specialty plate available with RTS 9.1.1 is the Texas State Rifle Association plate. The following new specialty plate is available as of July 9, 2018, through TxDMV, and its image can be viewed at www.txdmv.gov/motorists/license-plates/specialty-license-plates.
NEW TEXAS STATE RIFLE ASSOCIATION (CROSSOVER)
A new specialty plate (in black) is available via My Plates. It can be ordered for passenger vehicles, trucks, motorcycles, and mopeds. This is a crossover plate, meaning the plate has moved from the state to the My Plates program.
|The state Texas State Rifle Association plate (in white) will no longer be available for new orders; however, it will continue to be eligible for renewal.|
For detailed information about the items listed above, additional enhancements and issue resolutions after the release has been deployed, please refer to the Release Notes & Support tab on the TAC Hub (www.txdmv.gov/tax-assessor-collectors) or the RTS Refactoring Resources page (www.txdmv.gov/rts-refactoring-resources).
If you would like to speak to a Service Desk representative, please call us at 512-465-4010 or toll free at 1-877-933-2020. The Service Desk is available from 7:00 AM to 5:30 PM Central Time, Monday through Friday. You may also send email to ServiceDesk@TxDMV.gov.
TxDMV Service Desk
Department of Motor Vehicles
IT Services Division
3800 Jackson Ave
Austin, TX 78731
Source: Tax Assessor-Collectors
Initial Notification: Scheduled Maintenance: RTS Release 9.1.1 (08/11/2018)