webDEALER Release 2.3.0 – Available August 31, 2015
Please review and distribute as appropriate.
The Texas Department of Motor Vehicles (TxDMV) is pleased to announce webDEALER 2.3.0 will be released this weekend and will be available for use on Monday, August 31. Your feedback has helped the TxDMV continue to improve the webDEALER system, and this latest release includes changes that aim to enhance your experience. We have attached the webDEALER 2.3.0 Release Notes and updated user guides for your review and distribution in advance of the release.
Documents scanned as part of a webDEALER application will automatically be purged from webDEALER 30 days after an approved transaction is added to the title history imaging database with the release of webDEALER 2.3.0. Additionally, the following functionality improvements for county Tax Assessor-Collectors (TACs), motor vehicle dealers, and commercial fleet buyers (CFBs) are included:
- Counties will be able to view the surrendered title information entered by a dealer when approving transactions to verify correct information was entered.
- The maximum number of pending title transactions will be increased to 5,000. Note: Counties can still set the limit for each dealer and commercial fleet buyer.
- Travel trailer dealers will be able to process travel trailers with widths up to 8 feet, 6 inches or lengths up to 45 feet.
- The selection for supporting documents will offer dealers the ability to select “Additional Supporting Document,” increasing the types of transactions that can be submitted.
- webDEALER will require 24 months of registration in accordance with RTB# 007-15 and Administrative Rule 217.27. Additionally, commercial fleet buyers (CFB) will be able to obtain the required 24 months of registration for vehicles purchased for use in Texas to align with the initial two year inspection required by Transportation Code, Section 548.102.
- The webDEALER help menu will be changed, and a link for the Commercial Fleet Buyer User Guide will be made available.
We appreciate your feedback and welcome suggestions to improve our programs, services, and systems. If you are a county office and have not yet signed up for webDEALER, please contact your local TxDMV Regional Service Center for more information or setup assistance. If you are a dealer interested in learning more about webDEALER, please contact your county tax assessor-collector for more information. A list of counties actively using webDEALER can be found on the Dealers page of www.TxDMV.gov.
Thank you for your support and participation.
Jeremiah Kuntz, Director
Vehicle Titles and Registration Division
Texas Department of Motor Vehicles
If you have any comments or suggestions concerning this VTR communication process, please contact your local TxDMV Regional Service Center.
(Visited 11 time, 1 visit today)
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink