webDEALER Update and Upcoming Release 2.4.0
Please review and distribute as appropriate.
The Texas Department of Motor Vehicles (TxDMV) is pleased to announce the release of webDEALER 2.4.0 on November 1, 2015. This latest release makes vehicle titling even easier and arrives in time for transitioning off Dealer Title Application (DTA) software before support ends May 2016. To date, a total of 60 counties have already signed up and started using webDEALER to approve over 430,000 transactions for 549 dealers. In September alone, 53 counties approved over 69,000 transactions for 493 dealers.
Features users can look forward to in webDEALER 2.4.0:
- Counties with an inventory management system will be able to manage inventory for dealers with assigned plate inventory. They will be able to download a file locally on their computers and import it into an inventory management system.
- Commercial fleet buyers will have an automated solution for entering transactions. They will be able to search and import vehicle title data from their information management systems and will also have the option of using TxDMV’s Title Application Web Service.
- Counties will be able to batch print receipts for approved titles.
- Counties will be able to create unique dealer accounts for each DBA operating at a dealer address, and DBAs will be configurable for inventory.
- Motor vehicle dealers selling ATVs/ROVs will be now be able to title ATVs/ROVs using webDEALER (upon request to TxDMV Information Technology Services Division).
More details about the 2.4.0 release will be provided prior to the release date. User guides will also be made available at this time.
Counties interested in using webDEALER should contact their local TxDMV Regional Service Center for set-up assistance. Dealers interested in learning more information about webDEALER should contact their county tax assessor-collector. A list of counties actively using webDEALER can be found at www.TxDMV.gov on the Dealers page.
The TxDMV welcomes your feedback and appreciates your support. Please continue to let us know how we can best serve you.
Jeremiah Kuntz, Director
Vehicle Titles and Registration Division
Texas Department of Motor Vehicles
If you have any comments or suggestions concerning this VTR communication process, please contact your local TxDMV Regional Service Center.
(Visited 13 time, 1 visit today)
This entry was posted in Dealers and Manufacturers
. Bookmark the permalink