The Texas Department of Motor Vehicles (TxDMV) started user acceptance testing on June 17 in preparation for the upcoming eTITLE launch. eTITLE is a new feature in webDEALER that facilitates the secure electronic transfer of titles between dealers in the wholesale market, making the title transfer process faster and easier than ever before. With eTITLE, electronic titles can also be released directly to webDEALER by a lienholder participating in the Electronic Lien and Title (ELT) program.
What You Need to Know Now
- eTITLE transactions will be completed between dealers without the need for physical title documents to be completed and change hands.
- ELT participants can release titles electronically to webDEALER eliminating issuance of a paper title when a vehicle is traded in.
- A new electronic title history will be available for review within webDEALER.
- Applications submitted to your office will contain the new ownership evidence type of Texas eTitle.
- eTITLE will introduce a new remark, the webDEALER indicator, which can act as a hard stop indicating that the owner has sold a vehicle to a participating dealership. The general distinguishing number of the dealer who has possession of the vehicle will display in the remarks section along with the date of transfer to the dealer.
To make the transition to eTITLE easier for tax assessor-collectors and their staff, TxDMV will provide webinars on the dates and at the times listed below:
Monday, July 15, 2019, 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM CST
Tuesday, July 16, 2019, at 2:00 PM – 3:30 PM CST
Wednesday, July 17, 2019, at 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM CST
Thursday, July 18, 2019, at 2:00 PM – 3:30 PM CST
Friday, July 19, 2019, at 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM CST