Over the weekend of December 14, 2019, the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles (TxDMV) updated the Registration and Title System (RTS) with Release 9.5.0 that contains the content summarized below.
The following are the changes in RTS 9.5.0 mandated by the 86th Legislative Session:
- SB604 – RTS and eLearning Management System
- Waving Title Application and Permit Fees Due to Dealer Closure
- Extended Registration Period Allowed for Trailers
- Issuance of Off-Highway Vehicle and Golf Cart License Plates
- Specialty License Plates
The following are non-legislative RTS improvements:
- Dealer License Number and Buyer Tag Validation – Status Change
- Dealer License Number and Buyer Tag Validation – Title Application
- Odometer Brand Retention
Please note: For your convenience RTS Release Notes 9.5.0 are attached. For detailed information about the items listed above, additional enhancements and issue resolutions after the release has been deployed, please refer to the TAC Hub (www.txdmv.gov/tax-assessor-collectors).
Texas Department of Motor Vehicles
IT Services Division
Source: Tax Assessor-Collectors
RTS Release Notes 9.5.0