TxDMV Pharr Regional Service Center Reopening
Temporary waiver of vehicle title and registration requirements remains in effect
(AUSTIN, Texas – May 28, 2020) The Texas Department of Motor Vehicles (TxDMV) will reopen its Pharr Regional Service Center on Friday, May 29, 2020, with new office health and safety procedures in place.
The temporary waiver of vehicle title and registration requirements remains in effect. TxDMV will provide a notification when normal services have resumed, allowing the public 60 days from then to conduct any overdue title and registration transactions.
“Texans deserve a safe and convenient option to get the services they need,” said TxDMV Executive Director Whitney Brewster. “The health and safety of our customers, employees and communities were the foundation of this plan to reopen.”
The Pharr Regional Service Center, located at 600 West Expressway 83, will provide the following in-person services by appointment only:
- Replacement titles.
- Bonded title notices of determination.
- Title histories.
- Temporary permits.
- Assigned/reassigned numbers.
- Registration refund authorizations.
- Investigation and resolution of Texas title errors.
International Registration Plan (IRP) transactions, NAFTA permits, or transactions from motor vehicle dealers and title service companies/runners will only be accepted by drop-off, phone, mail, email, fax, and online.
New office health and safety procedures:
- All in-person services are available by same-day or next-day appointment only.
- Offices will be limited to 25% of total capacity.
- Appointments are scheduled in 15-minute increments, with the first appointment at 8 a.m. and the last appointment at 4:30 p.m.
- Customer seating will be limited. Customers are encouraged to wait outside or in their vehicle until their designated appointment time.
- Only one person is allowed in the office per appointment unless a caregiver is needed.
- Social distancing and hygiene practices will be observed.
- Service counters will have Plexiglas safety barriers.
- Daily cleaning and disinfecting will take place.
- Water fountains will not be available.
To schedule a same-day or next-day appointment, visit www.TxDMV.gov/appointment. You can also visit www.Texas.gov to learn more about what services are offered online.
TxDMV reminds Texans that most in-person vehicle title and registration services are handled by your county tax office – not TxDMV regional service centers. And driver licenses and ID cards are issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS). Texans should contact their local tax office and DPS for information about their services.
Media Contact: Customer Contact:
(512) 465-1484 1-888-368-4689
The Texas Department of Motor Vehicles registers and titles motor vehicles, licenses motor vehicle dealers, credentials motor carriers, issues oversize/overweight permits, investigates complaints against dealers and motor carriers, and awards grants to law enforcement agencies to reduce vehicle burglaries and thefts. Learn more at www.TxDMV.gov.