The Texas Department of Motor Vehicles (TxDMV) has proposed rules in the August 21, 2020, issue of the Texas Register. The proposed language is available on TxDMV’s website at https://www.txdmv.gov/general-counsel.
The proposals are posted for public comment until 5:00 p.m. on September 21, 2020. Please submit separate comments for each proposal.
The proposals include:
- amendments to §206.22, §215.22 and §215.55; and new §§215.59-215.63 concerning contested cases and a petition for rulemaking;
- amendments to §215.500 and §218.72; and new §215.504 clarifying the refund authority for motor vehicle buyers and lessees; and refund to a consumer who paid the motor carrier to transport household goods;
- amendments to §209.23, §§219.2, 219.11, 219.13-219.15, 219.42, 219.43 and 219.61-219.63 concerning escort flag vehicles including the use of certain types of lighting equipment; removing escrow account payment for certain types of permits;
- amendments to §219.31 and §219.126; and repeal of 219.83 relating to movement of oversize or overweight vehicles and enforcement of motor vehicle size and weight limitations;
- new §221.96 establishing a process under which the board may issue a cease and desist order to prohibit a person from violating statutes, board rules, or board orders, after notice and an opportunity for hearing; and
- new §206.151 and §223.101 concerning risk-based monitoring and prevention of title and registration fraud.
Source: Dealers and Manufacturers
TxDMV publishes rule proposals in the August 21, 2020, issue of the Texas Register.
(Visited 12 time, 1 visit today)