Please review and distribute as appropriate.
Thank you for supporting online renewal via the Internet Vehicle Title and Registration Service (IVTRS) maintained at Texas.gov. The Texas Department of Motor Vehicles (TxDMV) is enhancing the online renewal system with a new web-based application called Texas by Texas (TxT) in partnership with Texas.gov. As part of this project, the TxT website will be deployed on August 28, 2021.
This deployment of TxT will not affect how your office currently processes online renewal transactions using the Registration and Title System.
As background, TxT will serve as “a personal and portable government assistant that offers an even easier, faster, and more secure way for Texans to take care of government to do’s – like registration renewal.” The new TxT website will allow users to create a user account, link vehicles, and establish a personalized profile with stored payment information, transaction history, preferences, and other features, so they can receive reminders and complete transactions faster.
While TxT will not be actively promoted until later this year, it is possible some customers may renew their registration via TxT prior to the formal launch. If this occurs, your office may need to compare reports from IVTRS and TxT to reconcile online revenue transactions. For any renewals processed using TxT, separate reports – similar to the Batch Summary and Batch Detail reports – will be generated and automatically sent to your county. If your county receives these new reports, please review them for transaction reconciliation as needed.
There are two ways that your county may access the current IVTRS reports:
- Use the TPE Admin tool to run the reports on demand
- Receive the daily reports via email from NIC (there are five).
New TxT Reports
Reports for TxT transactions will be emailed to your office like the IVTRS reports. These reports may also be downloaded through the TPE Admin tool.
How to Download Reports
Access the system at https://tpe2admin-tx.cdc.nicusa.com/Texas/Login.aspx.
- Confirm your login credentials are updated. If you’re unable to login, enter a ticket on ServiceNow to reset or unlock TPE account at: https://dirsharedservices.service-now.com/sp?id=sc_cat_item&sys_id=d857ee0edbe95b009d8e5eea4b96196a.
- The attached TPE Admin User Guide can be referenced to learn more about the TPE admin tool and how to access reports.
- A formal launch of TxT will occur later this year, and you will be provided more information prior to the TxT launch. Texas.gov (IVTRS) remains the preferred method for online renewal until TxT formally launches, and the TxDMV website will still redirect customers to Texas.gov for online renewals.
Roland D. Luna, Sr., Director
Vehicle Titles and Registration Division
Texas Department of Motor Vehicles
If you have any questions concerning this communication, please contact your local TxDMV Regional Service Center.