Over the weekend of May 19, 2018, the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles (TxDMV) will update the Registration and Title System (RTS) and Internet Vehicle Title and Registration Service (IVTRS) with Release 9.1.0 that contains the content summarized below.
- Distribution of the Dealer Deputy Fee – The $1.00 dealer deputy fee will now be remitted to the county.
- webPERMITS Security Features – webPERMITS now have features that help prevent the permits from being fraudulently copied:
- Holographic icon in the upper right corner
- Bar code in the lower right corner
- State seal in the lower left corner
- Bezier curves across the Permit number
- IVTRS Address Confirmation — When renewing a registration online in Internet Vehicle Title and Registration Services (IVTRS), the customer will be asked to confirm their address.
- Beneficiary Designation – An owner can establish a beneficiary to whom title will be transferred upon their death.
COGNOS has the following new reports for counties:
- Vehicles Sold by Dealer – displays vehicle sales prices so that counties can see if the prices the dealers report are the same.
- E-TAG Buyers Report – displays the buyers tags sold by eac
If you would like to speak to a Service Desk representative, please call us at 512-465-4010 or toll free at 1-877-933-2020. The Service Desk is available from 7:00 AM to 5:30 PM Central Time, Monday through Friday. You may also send email to: ServiceDesk@TxDMV.gov.
TxDMV Service Desk
Texas Department of Motor Vehicles
IT Services Division
3800 Jackson Ave
Austin, TX 78731
Source: Tax Assessor-Collectors
Initial Notification: Scheduled Maintenance: RTS Release 9.1.0 (05/19/2018)